These frequently asked questions touch on the essentials hiring managers want to know about every candidate: who you are, why you’re a fit for the job, and what you’re good at. You may not be asked exactly these questions in exactly these words, but if you have answers in mind for them, you’ll be prepared for just about anything the interviewer throws your way.
1. Tell Me About Yourself.
2. How Did You Hear About This Position?
3. Why Do You Want to Work at This Company?
Questions About Your Work History:
1. What Is Your Greatest Professional Achievement?
2. Tell Me About a Challenge or Conflict You’ve Faced at Work, and How You Dealt With It.
3. Tell Me About a Time You Demonstrated Leadership Skills.
Questions About You and Your Goals:
1. What Are You Looking for in a New Position?
2. What’s Your Management Style?
3. How Do You Deal With Pressure or Stressful Situations?
Questions About the Job:
1. What Would Your First 30, 60, or 90 Days Look Like in This Role?
2. What Are Your Salary Requirements?
3. Are You Willing to Relocate?
Leo & Loy ➖ Experienced recruiters and career coaches providing consulting services for individuals transitioning careers.