Sure, you love to post pictures of your vacation antics or your kid’s first day of school. But social media can also be a powerful tool for your professional life. You can use it to build your personal brand, grow your network, establish yourself as an expert in your field, or give prospective employers a glimpse into your personality. It can also be full of pitfalls. More employers and recruiters now regularly check candidates’ social media profiles before hiring themThese crucial dos and don’ts will help you navigate the social media maze.
1. Do Be Respectful
2. Don’t Post About Politics or Religion
3. Do Have a Presence on LinkedIn
4. Don’t Overshare Personal Information
5. Don’t Trash Talk Your Employer
6. Do Keep Sensitive Company Info Under Wraps
7. Don’t Feel You Must Post Constantly
Leo & Loy Experienced recruiters and career coaches providing consulting services for individuals transitioning careers.