If you want that opportunity that’s going to fit with your lifestyle and pay you well, you must be willing to put in the time to do all of the steps, including reviewing your cover letter for every job you’re applying to and updating your LinkedIn profile. It’s part of the process. The job opportunity for you is out there, you just have to keep working toward it.
Here, we’ve provided a few essential tasks—from updating your resume and LinkedIn profile to creating an online portfolio or resume website—that will help jump start your 2021 job search.
1. Evaluate Your Career Goals
2. Build a Resume Website or Portfolio
3. Update Your LinkedIn Profile
4. Tailor Your Resume for Applicant Tracking Systems
5. Don’t Neglect the Cover Letter
6. Brush up on Your Video Interview Skills
7. Network, Network, Network
8. Commit to the Process
Leo & Loy ➖ Experienced recruiters and career coaches providing consulting services for individuals transitioning careers.